Let’s face it; there are lots of folks around who think that the only people filing personal injury claims are the ones looking to make a quick buck or “hit the lottery”. What a bunch of bunk. Truth is, if you or a loved one is seriously hurt in an accident or killed, a personal injury claim may be the only path for you or your family to stay afloat during extraordinarily difficult circumstances.
Why You Should File a Personal Injury Claim
Some of the most common reasons to file a personal injury claim include the need to:
• Recover lost wages when injuries keep you from working;
• Pay for medical bills (that can add up quickly and sometimes can run into the hundreds of thousands or even millions);
• Handle future expenses that can arise from ongoing treatment and therapy;
• Provide future financial security if the victim is not able to work for an extended period of time or permanently.
• Provide financial support that can help pay for lifestyle adjustments that can come about as a result of permanent disability.
As you can see from that list, those reasons are far from frivolous. Bottom line – compensation from a personal injury settlement simply helps an innocent victim get by and handle the life-altering changes brought about by someone else’s negligence. It’s not about greed or milking the system.
If you have questions regarding a potential injury claim, please do not hesitate to call our office.
Contact a Car Wreck Attorney If You Are Injured
If you suffered injuries in a parked car crash, you might be entitled to damages. An experienced vehicle accident attorney can provide the guidance you need to build a successful claim. It’s important for people to remember that dealing with an insurance adjuster without the help of an attorney might cost you. It is the goal of insurance companies to pay out as little as possible. Alaska attorney Ben Crittenden knows how insurance adjusters work, and he will fight to get you what you deserve.