You’ve been in an accident, and you are thinking about calling a lawyer. But, what can an attorney really do for you? Like many people, you may worry that he’ll take your money and do little else that you couldn’t just do for yourself. This is not the case, however, as an experienced lawyer can provide guidance and action that you may not even know you need.
Four Services an Injury Attorney Can Provide Alaska Accident Victims
Navigating the legal system can be an overwhelming process for accident victims, many of whom have little experience with the law. Even for those who have been down a similar road before, no two situations are exactly alike, so what was effective in the past may not be appropriate now. An experienced attorney can provide valuable services to help you obtain all the compensation you deserve, including:
- Explaining your rights. Being unsure of your rights is normal. Even if you’ve been in an accident before, the law is always changing, and the specifics of this accident will dictate your options now. An injury attorney can take a look at the facts of your case and fully explain your rights. He can provide you with legal options through every phase and scenario, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible outcome.
- Investigating your case. While getting information about your case may seem straightforward, it can get complicated. Obtaining records and evidence or talking to witnesses can require moving through the legal system and using the official discovery process. Knowledge of this system and experience using it effectively can ensure that vital information to support your case is not lost.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Insurance companies are out to save themselves money, and they will employ any number of tactics to get accident victims to accept a low settlement or even deny them compensation altogether. It’s a negotiation process, and without a legal advocate by your side, the insurance companies will see you as an easy target. An experienced lawyer has been here before, and he can fight back to protect your rights.
- Easing your physical and emotional burden. Recovering from an accident can take a toll on victims and their families both physically and emotionally. It can be a trying time, and the last thing you need to worry about is paperwork and court appearances. An attorney can lift this burden, taking care of all the legal tasks so you can focus on what really matters.
This Experienced Anchorage Injury Attorney Can Help
At The Law Office of Ben Crittenden, attorney Ben Crittenden provides Alaska injury victims these vital services and more. He is here to ensure that all victims are heard, and they are able to obtain all the compensation they deserve. If an accident has injured you or someone you love, contact Ben today to learn more about your rights to medical care and compensation. Call his Anchorage office or fill out our contact form to connect with our team.
- What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Car Accident Case?
- What to Expect When You Call an Accident Attorney
- What Not to Do After an Alaska Car Crash